We like to keep things simple, so when we found this video on car donations, we thought it had some great basic information to share.
Some highlights to take away from the video:
- Research the car donation charity to make sure it is legitimate.
- Figure out what percentage of the proceeds go to the charity, and how much goes towards costs of operating the business.
- Get the title of ownership for your vehicle.
- Complete their requested information and provide your contact information.
- Sign your title over to the charity and do not leave that portion blank.
We’re here for you if you have any questions, so don’t hesitate to ask! Now is a great time to donate a car to charity, and as the year comes to a close, you need to think about a car donation tax deduction for this year. It’s never too late to do a great thing.